Plan Your Visit
We are currently welcoming visitors to our 80-acre property, Museum, Gallery & Gallery Shop:
Wednesday – Sunday
10am – 4pm
Closed Monday & Tuesday
There is no public access to the property when we are closed; thank you for your cooperation.
Public Parking is available ONLY at the Leighton Art Gallery and Museum entrance, 100 yards to the left of the Education Centre Studios. Please do not park at the Education Centre (unless instructed by our staff to do so), on the road, or in front of our driveway gates.
NO DOGS ALLOWED – due to the presence of wildlife and to ensure the safety of all our visitors. We thank you for leaving your pets at home.
NO SMOKING – we are in a high risk area for grass fires and do not allow smoking anywhere on our property.
Admission to the Leighton Art Gallery & Museum is “Pay-What-You-Can”. There are donation boxes on site for cash, or credit/debit card donations are very welcome in the Gallery Shop.
Your donations help us to:
- Provide space and opportunities for artists of all ages and levels to learn, earn income, and grow their artistic practice.
- Keep the Leightons’ artistic, architectural, and environmental legacy alive, and preserves this unique site for all of us to learn from, be inspired by, and enjoy.
- Give children of all ages and socio-economic circumstances the opportunity to disconnect from technology and learn about themselves and their community through art, nature, and history.
- Protect this vital native foothills habitat for the enjoyment of the public and the diversity of flora and fauna that call the Leighton Art Centre area home.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
As we navigate through the pandemic, we have adopted the following safety protocols:
- Masks must be worn by staff and visitors when inside our public spaces at Leighton Art Centre.
- Hand sanitizer is provided at the entrance and elsewhere.
- Visitors must socially distance: please keep 2 metres of space between yourself and anyone outside your own cohort (including our staff).
- Our main building – housing the Gallery, Museum and Gallery Shop – is currently limited to 20 visitors at any time. If we reach capacity, you may need to wait outside; please dress for the weather.
- All public spaces are cleaned more frequently, with high touch areas disinfected daily.
- Events that do not allow for the above listed protocols to be followed, are not being held at this time.
Thank you for helping us keep our community and staff safe during this challenging time!
Learn more about:
Accessibility at Leighton Art Centre