Plan Your Visit
Winter Break: Leighton Art Centre is closed to the public through February 4, 2022.
Hours After February 4, 2022:
Tuesday – Saturday
10 am – 4 pm
Closed Sundays & Mondays.
There is no public access to the property when we are closed; thank you for your cooperation. Our site is patrolled.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols & Rules
In response to the COVID-19 situation in Alberta, Leighton Art Centre is participating in the Government of Alberta’s Restrictions Exemption Program (REP) for visitors, volunteers, and staff.
As of Saturday October 1, visitors aged 12 and over will be required to provide one of the following to enter the house (museum, gallery and gallery shop) and workshops:
- Proof of vaccination.
- Documentation of a medical exemption.
- Proof of a privately paid negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hours of service (tests from AHS or Alberta Precision Laboratories not accepted).
- Masks continue to be required indoors.
Acceptable proof of vaccination includes a paper copy or photo of your original vaccination record or your government-issued vaccination record.
The REP does not apply to school programs at our Education Centre.
Thank you for helping us to keep our staff and visitors safe and our doors open!
Public Parking is available ONLY at the Leighton Art Gallery and Museum entrance, 100 yards to the left of the Education Centre Studios. Please do not park at the Education Centre (unless instructed by our staff to do so), on the road, or in front of our driveway gates.
NO DOGS ALLOWED – due to the presence of wildlife and to ensure the safety of all our visitors. We thank you for leaving your pets at home.
NO SMOKING – we are in a high risk area for grass fires and do not allow smoking anywhere on our property.
NO ALCOHOL – we are not licensed to allow the consumption of alcoholic beverages on our property.
PACK YOUR OWN GARBAGE OUT – we do not have access to a garbage/recycling pick up service; please help us by taking your garbage and recycling home with you.
Admission to the Leighton Art Gallery & Museum and 80-acre property is by donation. There are donation boxes onsite (indoors & outdoors) for cash, and credit/debit card donations are very welcome in the Gallery Shop. Recommended minimum donation: $10/vehicle.
Your donations help us to:
- Provide space and opportunities for artists of all ages and levels to learn, earn income, and grow their artistic practice.
- Keep the Leightons’ artistic, architectural, and environmental legacy alive, and preserves this unique site for all of us to learn from, be inspired by, and enjoy.
- Give children of all ages and socio-economic circumstances the opportunity to disconnect from technology and learn about themselves and their community through art, nature, and history.
- Protect this vital native foothills habitat for the enjoyment of the public and the diversity of flora and fauna that call the Leighton Art Centre area home.
Learn more about:
Accessibility at Leighton Art Centre