Leighton Art Centre (LAC) is at the confluence of art, history, and nature and we welcome proposals that consider our relationship to the environment. We invite submissions from artists, craftspeople, collectives, and curators of all backgrounds working in all genres, styles, and mediums. We provide opportunities for artists at all stages of their artistic careers, including new and emerging artists.
THE CRITERIA FOR APPLYING ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Be 2+ artists or an arts organization based in Alberta
- Be willing to work with our educational department to develop programming relating to your exhibition
- We aim for diversity in our programming and encourage submissions from BIPOC artists
- We are especially interested in proposals that consider the relationship between art and nature, or that show a tie to Leighton Art Centre
- Leighton Art Centre pays CARFAC project fees for exhibitions
- If artists choose to sell artwork through this exhibition, Leighton Art Centre takes 40% commission
- Deadline to submit is July 5th, annually
Describe the proposed project or exhibition including: concept, materials, and narrative. How will the exhibit appear? What are any technical and equipment requirements and any other relevant information about the exhibition? If you are an arts organization, please describe the mandate of the organization.
Please attach up to 10 images of relevant artwork (high res - 300 dpi, max 5 MB per file). If your group has not completed the works that would be part of the proposed exhibition, please include instead examples of the artists' most recent (or relevant) past work.
Accepted file types: jpg, gif, png, jpeg, Max. file size: 5 MB, Max. files: 10.
Drop files here or