Description: Students will learn how to choose their subject, prepare their canvas, apply paint using a variety of techniques and troubleshoot problems that may crop up. Take home a completed painting and the knowledge to develop your skills further on your own. If you’ve always wanted to try painting but haven’t known how, where or with what to begin, this is for you! Know a little but want to build your confidence? This is also for you.
Here is what past participants have said about Michelle Wiebe’s workshops:
”Michelle was a great presenter! She is practical, funny, creative, EXPERIENCED and sincere!”
(Plein Air workshop participant)
” I loved how Michelle structured the workshop to permit us to go through all the steps with lots of time with each. I feel really comfortable in doing this again based on what I have learned.”
(Linocut workshop participant)
Adults at a beginner or intermediate skill level in painting
• Ideas for a painting either colour photocopies or sketches
• Bring reading glasses if you require them for finer work.
• Bring a bagged lunch and a water bottle
• Sketchbook or Notebook (for notes and drawings)
• Pencils and/or pens (for notes and drawing)
• 1 Stretched Canvas (minimum 8” x 10” to maximum 16” x 20”)
• Brushes – selection of sizes up to 1”
• Acrylic Paint (Artist grade is best, no lower than student grade) most art stores will sell starter packs of student or artist grade acrylics which are a good value. If selecting individual tubes, here are some suggested colours: o Cadmium Yellow o Blue (Ultramarine, Cobalt or Phthalo)o Cadmium Redo Burnt Siennao Titanium White
Registration cost: $96.45 (GST & Eventbrite fees included)
Did you know that Members of the Leighton Art Centre, get 10% off the registration cost of all workshops and kids’ summer camps? Visit our website to find out more about our memberships. For our Cancellation and Refund Policy, please visit the Workshop page on our website.
Michelle Wiebe is a Cochrane, Alberta-based artist focused primarily on painting, printmaking, and letterpress. Regularly found on sketching trips in the Calgary area, her drawing adventures have taken her as far away as Eastern Europe, the Mediterranean, and Africa. Michelle is a passionate instructor with a deep love for teaching, she makes it her goal that students leave her class with quality work and the confidence to continue building their new skills
Facebook: Michelle Wiebe Art