Making a Good Impression – Linocut Printmakingwith Michelle Wiebe
September 24 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
In this class, students will learn the basics of linocut printmaking. The instructor will teach students about composition, safe cutting techniques and how to pull prints. Participants will leave with a variety of hand-printed projects, their own carved blocks as well as the skill to practice at home using basic art materials. Excellent for beginner and intermediate linocut students.
Audience: This workshop is suitable for both beginners with a desire to start printing or intermediate artists wishing to develop a more in-depth printmaking practice!
• All supplies are included. You may choose to bring your own images to use as references during the workshop.
• If you have your own set of linocut tools, feel free to bring them with you to class (even if you haven’t used them before!)
• A notebook/sketchbook + pen for taking notes
• Reading glasses if you need them for fine work
• Please bring a lunch and a water bottle for the day. Located in a rural community, the Leighton Art Centre is a 15 to 20-minute drive away from the nearest convenience store or quick-stop for lunch.
Registration cost: $ 100.41
Did you know that Members of the Leighton Art Centre get 10% off the registration cost of all workshops and kids’ summer camps? Please visit https://leightoncentre.org/join-us/become-a-member/.
Cancellation and Refund Policy: Please note there is a NO REFUND policy on all Leighton Art Centre workshops. A refund will only be issued to participants if the workshop is cancelled by the workshop coordinator due to insufficient enrollment, extreme weather conditions, or Covid-19 restrictions. Workshops may be cancelled prior to the start date and participants will be notified via email and/or phone, and a full refund will be processed.
Withdrawal from workshops for medical reasons must be accompanied by a doctor’s medical note or a positive COVID 19 rapid test and must be received by the Leighton workshop coordinator prior to the workshop start date to be qualified for a full refund.
Artist Biography: Michelle Wiebe is a Cochrane, Alberta-based artist focused primarily on painting, printmaking and letterpress. With a great fondness for all things print, you can find her fixing rusty presses or spending time printing at Alberta Printmakers. Michelle is a passionate instructor with a deep love for teaching, she makes it her goal that students leave her class with quality work and the confidence to continue building their new skills
Facebook: Michelle Wiebe Art