Fall Paint-Out 2019
September 28, 2019 @ 8:00 am - September 29, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
In celebration of Alberta Culture Days and The Leighton Foundation’s 45th Anniversary, Leighton Art Centre invites you to its annual autumn event!
* New this year, we’re hosting a 45th Anniversary Tea & Talk on Saturday September 28th, starting at 12 pm (until 1:30 pm). Join us as we delve into the history of Leighton Art Centre, straight from the memories of those who lived it! Leighton Foundation Board Director Melissa Cole will moderate a panel discussion, as our special guests share their memories of Barbara Leighton’s vision and the evolution of Leighton Art Centre. Following the panel discussion, we will open the floor to anyone who wants to ask questions or tell their own Leighton-related stories. If you own a Leighton-related artifact, please bring it along to share. The afternoon promises to be a fascinating stroll down memory lane!
Both days, we’ll also be presenting:
- Plein-Air Art Making (BYO Supplies)
- Weaving Demonstrations
- Indoor Exhibition 94th Annual Open Water
- Outdoor Installation Vital Lines (last weekend!)
- NEW: Bird Box Art Walk (you can grab a printed map from the Gallery Shop)
Admission by Donation. #fallpaintout2019 #leightonartcentre
Don’t come only to Leighton, though… use us as a jumping-off point for ‘The Most Beautiful Art Tour in Alberta’!
You won’t find another region as beautiful as ours to drive through, while stopping en route to view the awesome art in our unique venues. Visit Leighton Art Centre, Bluerock Gallery, Firebrand Glass Studios, Lineham House Galleries, Okotoks Art Gallery, Kristoferson Studio and the studio of Mady Thiel-Kopstein for a fantastic weekend tour!