Creative Freedom: Using an Art Journal to Unlock Your Creative Spiritwith Michelle Wiebe
July 10 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Jumpstart your art practice with some creative techniques designed to get you into that creative flow! If you are feeling unsure of where to start or stalled with artist block – this workshop will give you the tools you need to make a breakthrough in your work. Get inspired using a series of creative prompts and techniques that combine drawing and journaling to discover the next step in your artistic journey!
Audience: Adults, please. This workshop is suitable for all levels.
• Variety of fine-tipped drawing pens (i.e. Stadler, micron, sharpie)
• 2-3 different sized watercolour brushes (smaller sizes appropriate for a sketchbook)
• Cheap lined notebook and pen (dollar store or Walmart is a good place to find)
• Optional: Glue stick and scissors
• Optional: Watercolours, paint pens, watercolour pencil crayons or other drawing media (if you already have some fun supplies, bring them along!)
• Reading glasses if you require them for fine work
• Please bring a lunch and a water bottle for the day. Located in a rural community, the Leighton Art Centre is a 15 to 20-minute drive away from the nearest convenience store or a quick stop for lunch.
Registration cost: $ 88.22
Did you know that Members of the Leighton Art Centre get 10% off the registration cost of all workshops and kids’ summer camps? Please visit https://leightoncentre.org/join-us/become-a-member/.
Cancellation and Refund Policy: Please note there is a NO REFUND policy on all Leighton Art Centre workshops. A refund will only be issued to participants if the workshop is cancelled by the workshop coordinator due to insufficient enrollment, extreme weather conditions, or Covid-19 restrictions. Workshops may be cancelled prior to the start date and participants will be notified via email and/or phone, and a full refund will be processed.
Withdrawal from workshops for medical reasons must be accompanied by a doctor’s medical note or a positive COVID 19 rapid test and must be received by the Leighton workshop coordinator prior to the workshop start date to be qualified for a full refund.
Artist Biography: Michelle Wiebe is a Cochrane, Alberta-based artist focused primarily on painting, printmaking and letterpress. With a great fondness for all things print, you can find her fixing rusty presses or spending time printing at Alberta Printmakers. Michelle is a passionate instructor with a deep love for teaching, she makes it her goal that students leave her class with quality work and the confidence to continue building their new skills
Facebook: Michelle Wiebe Art